I cannot believe it is officially 2020! I thought it would be a fun to start the new year by letting you get to know me a little better. Some of these questions were actually asked on my Instagram account, so if you aren’t following there I recommend you do….Plus sometimes I do quick Instagram exclusive reviews, so please make sure you don’t miss out! So let’s get to it!
1. Name and preferred pronouns: My name is actually Eunice but most of the time people just call me Euni (pronounced Uni) It is weird to hear my full name. My preferred pronouns are she/her.
2. Is blogging your full time job? No, not at all! Would I love it to be? Of course! But no, I actually work in health care. I am the Director of Billing for a company that owns several personal care homes and skilled nursing homes. My job pretty much just revolves around numbers, but my hobbies involve everything but that LOL 🙂
3. Hobbies? Reading obviously, but also I love bullet journaling, drawing, crocheting, and watching all things geeky. Seriously, I have a huge movie and tv show collection.
4. Favorite Genre? It is a little difficult to pick just one so I would have to say….cozy mysteries and thrillers.
5. Least favorite book? I would be lying if I said there weren’t books that I did not finish reading. Truth be told, life is too short to read a book that you hate. With that said there have been books that have just been upsetting. There was this one book though that stood out where the author did a red riding hood reimagining and instead of making powerful female characters, he turned them into stereotypes. In fact they did this who story where the wolves would attack girls if they were dressed a certain way etc….rape culture much? It was so upsetting to me that the author would write a book and target it to the YA audience without truly thinking about the message it was sending.
6. Favorite book? I could give you a list of books that I adore but that list would be pretty long. That is why I post Owl Treats on my Instagram account. These are the books that get 5 stars and just wowed me. You can click on my insta highlights to see the most recent ones.
7. What makes a book a 5 star read? It’s a book that just leaves me wanting to read more of the series or just leaves me in awe. Example: Book of M holy cow that book had me shook with how it ended.
8. Do you have any pets? Yes, two cats. One black one and a grey tabby.
9. Biggest accomplishment? Hmm this is hard. I guess graduating college and marrying my best friend? But I also have driven a tank…so there is that LOL
10. Why the owl? Do you like birds? Honestly, birds are cool but owl’s became a think bc of Chris’ (my husband) grandmother. She loooooooved owls. She has since passed but the owl thing remained for all of us. So when I decided to do the blog thing I kind of gravitated to the owl. I know she would have gotten a kick out of that.
11. Where do you see your blog a year from now? I am hoping that people will still be reading it. I am not really worried about getting huge numbers or anything, I just want to share what I enjoy. Would it be cool to get more followers? Of course! But honestly, if you guys keep reading, I will keep writing. And if you guys have Instagram follow me and chat. I love responding to comments, doing polls, and sharing the behind the scenes stuff over there 🙂
12. Blog vs Instagram? I love blogging, it fun to just get these thoughts out. Instagram allows me to connect in a different way. I started my Instagram to supplement the blog and then found that the whole “stories” portion was a fun way to connect in a different way. I want to connect with my audience in whichever way is better and more convenient to them.
13. Best memory of 2019? I really can’t pick just one! This year had ups and downs but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I really can’t pick just one moment, but I will say that I feel like my family got closer, so that is definitely a major win.
So, you may be asking yourself why I ended with 13 questions…it’s my favorite number but no one asks that any more. Oh and by the way favorite colors: purple and green. I don’t know why people stop asking those questions in grade school. I think these questions can tell you a lot about a person. Oh and one more…if I could have a mythical creature of any kind it would be a little black dragon that sat on my shoulder. See, these are the important questions that people forget to ask. Anyway, stay awesome my Owlets and keep reading!